Large drilling capacity that handles the tough work demands of professional and industrial workshops that deal with wide panels and various sizes of furniture components. They have become the standard for shops worldwide and will be greatly utilised and appreciated in your shop, too. As with the smaller range of drill presses, these big boys have similar design features and settings for tackling a variety of straight or angle drilling projects in wood, plastics, and metals.
17” Variable Speed Floor Drill Press #30-236 is the best in the 17” class. Designed with features that woodworkers have demanded – more powerful motor, Vari-speed pulley that adjusts the chuck speed with a simple turning of a lever – no belt changing, a digital RPM display, rotating work table with clamp-friendly thin edges, larger spindle travel, and a handy LED light.
- Powerful motors provide plenty of power for drilling
- Easy-change pulley drive systems give multiple spindle speed choices
- Big capacity keyed chucks give precise drilling with small to large drill bits
- Adjustable depth stops are great for repeatable drilling
- 3-Wing feed handles provide excellent control when drilling
- Heavy cast iron bases have slots for attaching jigs or fixtures
- Machined, cast iron tables include slots for attaching clamps, vises etc.
- Tables tilt and easily move up or down along the column for best positioning
- Thick, metal columns for strong, rigid support
- Front on/off push button switches have removable safety tabs for extra security
- Includes chuck keys, holders, and speed selection charts